Business Development Manager – Top City Law Firm – St Paul
One of London leading law firm’s with a first class reputation in the Corporate and Commercial legal world wish to recruit an ambitious Business Development Manager to help drive their ongoing marketing and business development plans for one of their biggest and most successful practice groups.
Focusing on the Corporate Finance department, the Business Development Manager and will work directly with UK Partners, taking the lead on business development and marketing activities in order to promote the profile of the department developing key account relationships and drive revenue growth. You will collaborate with the central marketing team and be responsible for developing a clear strategy and business plan for the group and managing a range of strategically aligned marketing and client development activities, ensuring plans are delivered in a timely and efficient manner. The Business Development Manager will be required to;
- Create targeted business development and marketing plans that flow from the business plans, to help achieve the financial, client and market positioning and penetration objectives. Monitor, analyse and report on activity against objectives including ROI as appropriate.
- Manage a Business Development Executive(s) and together ensure the creation and delivery of a first-class service to the group on all marketing and business development activities
- Create an annual marketing plan for each of practice group and ensure that each is executed well. Plans to include all elements of the marketing mix, including marketing brochures and materials, pitch documents, thought leadership articles, social media pages and content, website content, lawyer biographies, events and corporate hospitality
- Work with the Events teams to ensure that all client facing events, and referral events for the group are planned, organised and delivered to the highest standards
- Provide market and practice insights to support the Communications team in developing a media and PR plan. Together determine how best to utilise PR and media plans as a complementary business development tool and to position the practice groups to further the objectives of the business and marketing plans
- Assist the Bids specialist in supporting, pitching and winning new business as required including providing practice, partner, client and market- specific insights to target and tailor each opportunity
- Responsible for managing the practices’ directory and awards submissions in line with the firm’s directory process, creating high quality content that delivers results
- Work with the Events team to assess the value and relevance of various sponsorship, events and other corporate hospitality opportunities to ensure best value for the firm and our clients
- Be the InterAction champion for the practice groups, working closely with the Digital Marketing team, the department PAs and lawyers in the practices to ensure that all contact and BD activities are regularly updated
- Manage and track the business development budgets for the groups
- Participate in delivering firm wide client initiatives and marketing programs including client listening, post pitch reviews and the Working Smarter program
For this position the client is seeking someone with proven business development management experience, preferably in a law firm or partnership structure. You must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be professional and can multitask and work to tight deadlines. You must be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in marketing, communications or business. You must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite, with strong technical skills in Word, Excel and InterAction. Experience with marketing-related databases preferred.
This is a permanent position offering a salary of up to £65k DOE.
To apply, contact Neil Hagan today! email@example.com