Head of Accounts & Finance – UK Law Firm – City of London
This established City law firm are looking to hire a qualified legal accounts manager to oversee the day to day operational accounts functions for the London office.
The role will see you reporting to the COO and work closely with Heads of Department and Business Partners. Managing a small accounts team, you will monitor the day-to-day quality control of operational accounts, UK payroll, client and offices accounts, client billing, VAT returns, budgeting, month end procedures and compliance. This is a very hands on role suitable for an experienced legal accounts professional who has completed the ACCA and is comfortable handling themselves in a client facing transactional accounting position. Successful candidates must also possess strong report writing experience and have a good understanding of SRA, COFA, COLP regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing, developing and training a finance team of 5 (including delegation of work, performance monitoring and reviews)
- Budgeting and forecasting all income, expenditure and cashflow.
- Manage the expenses process, ensuring accurate recording of all expenses, their analysis and authorisation
- Manage the recording of partners drawings, tax calculation and commissions, ensuring that they have been properly authorised
- Manage the month end account close down procedures
- Monitoring and controlling the procedures regarding Time Recording, WIP, Billing, Disbursement, and Accounts Payable, Payments and Receipts
- Reviewing the monthly payroll instructions and ensuring these are correctly processed and properly authorised
- Ensuring the firm’s accounting procedures are up to date, and developing and maintaining the accounts
- Ensuring any new processes have the necessary controls and procedures put in place
- Ensuring information on Elite is up to date and accurate (including charge rate matrix, users, joiners and leavers)
- Managing the Cashier Supervisor to ensuring compliance with Solicitors Accounts Rules (SAR)
- Managing the monthly client, intervention and office bank reconciliations
- Managing the firm’s residual balances, suspense account and office to client and vice-versa transfer process
- Managing annual SAR & VAT audits
- ACCA Qualified with 3-5 years + experience in a similar senior level finance role within a law firm, with experience managing others
- A high attention to detail to produce work/documentation which is consistently of a high standard
- Good working knowledge of professional services IT systems including: Elite 3e
- Sound knowledge of the Solicitor’s Accounts Rules
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload, to have a flexible approach to ensure all deadlines are met
- Must be able to work as part of a team and possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Reliable and trustworthy and possess a willingness to learn whilst maintaining an exceptional eye for detail
- Ability to show initiative and work without supervision yet is flexible in approach and attitude to work and meeting of deadlines
- Not afraid to give feedback to others when managing a team, take on performance management and take a robust approach to ensuring accounts processes and procedures are followed
Please note this is a permanent full time vacancy, salary is dependent on experience.
To apply contact Neil Hagan today at email@example.com