Interim Lawyer – Legal Counsel – Strategic Project
Our client, a well-respected International Asset Management Company are looking for a Funds lawyer to join their International Legal team on a long term temporary contract for 18 months.
Your work will include (but not be limited to):
- Works closely with Compliance team to provide legal and regulatory advice in connection with the planning, launch and ongoing development of a key strategic project in the UK and Europe. This will include:
- advising on UK and Irish domiciled product;
- advising on distribution strategies, including model portfolio services;
- drafting and negotiation of third-party agreements; and
- drafting product and client documentation.
- Partners with the wider Investment Management and Distribution Legal team where the strategic project intersects:
- the distribution of UCITS product range in the UK and Europe;
- UK Personal Investor Platform; and
- Portfolio Services (the model portfolio and investment solution business).
- Provides strategic advice and support to the project team on matters such as ESG, corporate governance, product governance, regulatory engagement and distribution relationships, as required.
- Liaises with the Legal and Compliance teams globally as necessary, together with colleagues in other areas of the business.
- Develops and maintains knowledge and awareness of the investment industry, regulatory and/or policy changes with potential impact on the project or the wider business.
- Qualified lawyer with five years’ plus PQE spent working in-house for an international asset management organization and/or in a private practice law firm, handling a variety of financial services legal and regulatory matters.
- Experienced in advising on UK and European financial regulation in an asset management context, both in the retail and institutional space and cross border.
- A strong knowledge of the UCITS rules and requirements in respect of fund creation and maintenance.
- A demonstrated ability to work on complex legal issues and to function in a high volume / fast-paced environment with multiple and diverse responsibilities, managing a varied and changing caseload.
- Must be an enthusiastic and hard-working self-starter.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and drafting skills, an organized approach with strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently on demanding legal issues and to tight deadlines.