Interim Lawyer – Sustainable Finance – Investment Management
Our client, a well-respected Asset Management Company are looking for a Funds lawyer to join their International Legal team on a 9 month Temp to Perm contract.
Your work will include (but not be limited to):
- Serves as a main point of contact and Legal & Compliance subject matter expert within the European Office of the General Counsel (“OGC”) on Sustainable Finance measures and specific associated projects.
- Advises the European business by providing detailed technical advice, analysis and clarification on the legal, regulatory and compliance obligations arising from the forthcoming European rules, guidance and regulation in respect of Sustainable Finance, including (but not limited to): Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation, Taxonomy Regulation, UCITS Delegated Acts, MiFID II Delegated Acts and, as yet to be published, equivalent U. market requirements in relation to the integration of ESG within the asset management and distribution framework.
- Advises and supports the Legal, Compliance and Government Relations teams on the specific and detailed legal and regulatory requirements arising on the integration and implementation of the Sustainable Finance measures as they pertain to the European business.
- Supports the Project Management Office and various business lines (including UK Advice and Personal Investment, Distribution, Investment Management Team and the European Portfolio Review Department) on the implementation of Sustainable Finance requirements into their areas of responsibility and coverage.
- Engages credibly with Senior Stakeholders and works collaboratively with crew across the European business.
- Develops and maintains knowledge and awareness of the investment industry, regulatory and/or policy changes with potential impact on the business, particularly in the area of Sustainable Finance.
- Participates in related special projects and performs other duties as required.
- Qualified lawyer with minimum five years’ plus PQE spent working in-house for an international asset management organisation and/or in a private practice law firm, handling a variety of financial services legal and regulatory matters.
- Experienced in advising on UK and European financial regulation in an asset management context, both in the retail and institutional space and cross border. Previous demonstrable experience of working on Sustainable Finance measures is required.
- A demonstrated ability to work on complex legal issues and to function in a high volume / fast-paced environment with multiple and diverse responsibilities, managing a varied and changing caseload.
- Must be an enthusiastic and hard-working self-starter.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, analytic and drafting skills, an organised approach with strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently on demanding legal issues and to tight deadlines.