Legal Cashier – FTC – Boutique London Law Firm – West End, London
This highly regarded boutique law firm with a strong private client following are looking to hire a Legal Cashier to provide maternity cover for 12 months from the end of September 2021. Reporting into the Head of Accounts, working in a small team, you will take charge on all transactional accounting functions, providing a comprehensive and efficient service to partners and business support functions.
- Bank reconciliations, posting of funds in and out, search fees, invoices, Land Registry account, HMCTS fee account,
- Processing of day to day office and client accounts transactions, entering and releasing payments on the banking system, posting receipts and registering disbursement vouchers
- Processing client to office transfers in line with SAR compliance procedures
- Process staff expenses
- Identification of unallocated office receipts
- Processing of daily disbursement payment runs and other urgent office payments for all jurisdictions
- Analysing and posting a high quantity of professional disbursements to correct disbursement type codes
- A current legal cashier with minimum 3 years’ experience working in a busy accounts department in a law
- Experience with Excel and finance software packages
- Flexible and patient attitude towards working practices and processes
- Communicate confidently and responsively with team members, wider staff and clients with regards to handling queries and actioning tasks
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Available to start mid September
This is a full time permanent position offering a salary of up to 35k dependent on experience. Please be aware that the role is expected to be working full time in the London office once covid guidelines have been lifted.