Legal Counsel – Technology, Data Privacy and Commercial
This role provides legal advice and support to the European business on matters related to digital and technology, data privacy, procurement and wider areas of corporate and commercial risk. A key focus will be to partner with the business to enable innovative technology solutions and initiatives.
- Provides business leaders with legal advice on digital and technology related matters.
- Drafts and negotiates agreements for technology-related goods and services.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and provides business leaders with legal advice on data privacy matters. Ensures that business activities, policies and transactions comply with all relevant privacy laws and regulations.
- Collaborates with Legal, Compliance and Data Privacy professionals globally to define and maintain the privacy program framework.
- Drafts and negotiates supplier agreements in partnership with the business, the US vendor management team and colleagues in the US Legal team.
- Develops and maintains knowledge and awareness of industry, regulatory and/or policy changes with potential impact on the business.
- Advises on wider corporate and commercial risk, participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
- Qualified lawyer with five years’ plus PQE spent working in-house for a financial services organisation and / or in a private practice law firm, handling a variety of technology, data privacy and other relevant matters.
- A demonstrated ability to work on complex legal issues and to function in a high volume / fast-paced environment with multiple and diverse responsibilities, managing a varied and changing caseload.
- Must be an enthusiastic and hard-working self-starter.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and drafting skills, an organised approach with strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently on demanding legal issues and to tight deadlines.