Legal Secretary – Residential Property – Essex Law Firm
Our client is an established regional law firm with offices based in Essex/East London, and they are looking for a Legal Secretary with experience in Residential Property.
You must previous experience gained from a Residential Property department within a recognised law firm and have outstanding knowledge of all Residential Property procedures.
Typical duties will include:
- Dealing with the opening and archiving of matters
- Liaising with clients, solicitors and all parties involved within each transaction
- Responding to emails, typing and sending letters
- Requesting identification from clients and ensuring that Anti Money Laundering procedures have been complied with
- Submitting online property searches
- Using Oyez Forms for the creation of documents
- Preparing files for exchange of contracts and for completion, ensuring that funds are in place and signed documentation has been received
- Requesting mortgage funds, providing clients with statements, preparing invoices, creating SDLT Returns, submitting HMLR Searches and drafting bank transfer forms for completion
- Previous experience in Residential Property
- Highly skilled on all MS Office applications
- Experienced with billing and dictation
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Ability to be flexible to meet the demands of the work
It is The Stephen James Partnerships policy to respond to all applications within three working days. However due to the volume of applications we receive we are not able to respond to all individual candidates.
If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful, however we will keep you on file for any future vacancies that arise.