Management Accountant – US Law Firm – City of London
An exciting new opportunity has arisen at this growing City based US law firm for a current Qualified or Part Qualified Accountant currently working in a broad legal accounting role.
Reporting into the Finance Director, you will act as a deputy and take responsibility for preparing management and financial reports at for the London office and each practice group. Duties include;
- Support with the annual budget process; review and suggest correction to GL postings, to ensure accurate actual against budget variance monitoring.
- Carry out data interrogation to assist in preparation of management information and reports, as directed, for both routine and adhoc distribution.
- Support with development and maintenance suite of management reports for the London office.
- Assist with the preparation of the VAT, EC sales list.
- Maintain the Fixed Assets Register and depreciation schedules.
- Assist with the monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations; preparation of payroll, prepayments, accruals, monthly journals and reconciliation.
- Responsible for the monthly office bank account and credit card control account reconciliation
- Preparation of the data for the annual PSA and P11D reporting
- Support the Finance Director to implement and deliver any accounting and/or reporting platforms changes
- Administration and validation of all the London office expense claims and payments via the Chrome River expense platform
- Oversee and assist with the input of all office invoices and disbursements fee notes onto Enterprise.
- Organising all approved office invoices and disbursements into a regular and routine payment cycle
- Run and advise on the recovered disbursements report to ensure no SAR breaches occur; due to the liability not being discharged per the Solicitors Account Rules
- Responsible for the maintenance and updating of payment requests for case costs funded by the firm
- Responsible for overseeing all Third-Party Funding Notice [case costs] payments are accurately set up for payment.
- Assistance to the legal teams by providing accurate information for case funding budget purposes
- Ensure compliance to regulatory legislation including VAT, Solicitors Accounts Rules and Money Laundering requirements
- Provide cover for the allocation of monies received against invoices, notifying Partners/Fee Earners, and recording to the appropriate client matter ledgers.
- Provide cover for the client bank accounts transfer monies between the client and office ledger as appropriate.
Candidates must be ACCA/ACA/CIMA (part) qualified and have current exposure to both management accounting and transactional finance in a law firm, preferably 3-5 years. You will also have;
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, macro skills preferable
- Knowledge of Aderant/ Elite Enterprise and Chrome River
- Experience of data mining information
Please be aware that this is permanent position offering a salary of up to 55k dependent on experience. The client operates on an agile working policy and will be open to applicants able to both commute into the office each week as well as be setup and able to work from home.
For further information or to apply, contact Neil Hagan today