Paralegal/Partnership Secretary – Commercial – Real Estate Business
Our client is a leading real estate business, who are seeking a highly-experienced commercial paralegal to join their legal services team in London (Working from home).
Your role will include:
- Reviewing and negotiating various types of contracts such as appointment documents, confidentiality agreements, reliance letters and warranties. Providing assistance with clients on-boarding processes in the form of Pre-qualifying Questionnaires and compliance questionnaires.
- Maintaining organized records within the partnership’s contract management system, mainly the document tracker in place to enable GIA to keep on top of the documents that are under review and record all contractual liabilities agreed.
- Supporting the annual meeting cycle by preparing and coordinating various partnership meetings and drafting meeting minutes (Partners’ meetings, Finance sub-committee, Senior Associate and Associate Partner meetings, Partner strategy days)
- Intranet admin; to create, and keep updated, the Legal and Insurance page of the company intranet. This site includes, for example, simple precedent documents and training material
- Assist with the annual renewal of the partnership’s commercial insurances
- Assist with internal policies; support with the review of existing policies and guidance documents and the creation of new documents, where required.
- Legal administrative knowledge and basic drafting skills (experience with construction contracts preferred)
- Ability to manage relationships with external lawyers
- Ability to ‘issue spot’ problems with forms, contracts, leases, policies and other documents
- Ability to work independently while maintaining high level of communication with COO/FD and partners
- Ability to work collaboratively across different departments and remote offices
- Ability to prioritise various workstreams in line with the business needs
- Evidence of being a self-starter who is good at identifying problems and proactively remedying them.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.