Paralegal – Privacy – International Company
A highly prestigious international company seeking a Privacy Paralegal to join on an initial temporary contract based in their London office (virtual)
Your role will include:
- Support the design, development and deployment of data protection transformation projects, including: data landscaping, privacy impact assessments, policy & standards, training, etc.
- Design, develop, enhance and operationalize enterprise-level privacy policies/procedures, processes and controls.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (Architecture, Data Governance, CFUs, DPOs, etc) to define data privacy requirements
- Provide SME support to business units impacted by transformation activities
- Building and developing internal processes and protocols to manage privacy risk and promote privacy governance and assurance
Skills required for the job
- Strong knowledge of major data protection laws (GDPR, UK DPA, PECR)
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to take the initiative, work to deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude and a determination to succeed
- MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- CIPP/E, CIPM, ISEB Certificate or equivalent Data Privacy qualification (preferred)
- Strong commercial awareness with an understanding of the value drivers of the business.
Experience Privacy Paralegals will be expected to have
- Experience working across legal, technology and risk management teams
- Experience working in large and multi-jurisdictional privacy programmes
- Experience of working across multiple business functions, in particular: Technology, Information Security, Digital, HR, Consumer and Innovation functions