Senior Associate – Leading FTSE 250 Company
Our client is a highly regarded FTSE 250 Company operating consumer F&B sales points.
They are looking for a senior lawyer (contract) to join their HQ team, based in London, as a Legal Counsel working alongside their existing small team of experienced lawyers. The Senior Lawyer will be joining on a fixed maternity contract for up to 14 months.
The role will expect an individual to have corporate, commercial and compliance experience with the ability to manage a broad case load. The duties of the role will include, but will not be limited to:
- Providing legal support on general corporate matters (such as disclosure issues, dealing issues, corporate governance)
- Leading on complex international M&A transactions and joint ventures
- Support to the treasury team on financing arrangements
- Advising the HR team on legal issues relating to the Group’s three share schemes
- Advising on internal (international) restructuring, working closely with the internal tax team, including internal transfers, dividend payments and recapitalisations (UK and international)
- Addressing adhoc queries regarding companies throughout the Group (including in relation to directors, capital structure, accounts)
- Managing the anti-bribery compliance programme
- Advising on adhoc employment queries
- Managing 3 direct reports (mid-level lawyer, paralegal and legal assistant) along with day to day supervision of cosec assistant.
The role will be suited to someone with at least 10+ years PQE. Experience should have been acquired In a corporate role with a leading private practice firm or a similar in-house environment.
- Experience in similar level in-house
- Knowledge and experience in running M&A transactions in house
- PLC experience preferred
Our clients expect the prospective candidates to have a commercial outlook with a strong work ethic; a real team player with the willingness to learn and achieve.
Please upload your application, or send your CV to: