Senior Associate – Private Credit / Banking & Finance – US Law Firm – 9 Month FTC
Our client is US Law Firm with collaboration and positive culture at the heart of everything they do. They are looking to hire a Senior Associate into their Private Credit / Banking Finance team on a 9 month FTC beginning in mid- November.
The Banking and Finance team advises (domestic and cross-boarder) banks, financial institutions, alternative lenders (private credit and peer-to-peer), sponsors, borrowers, corporate trustees, and debt investors on all aspects of debt and finance arrangements, often in varied and complex debt capital structures, including structured debt, leveraged finance, single and multiple asset finance, receivables purchasing and secondary market transactions.
- Review, drafting and negotiation of loan documents (syndicated, bilateral and club), security documents, inter-creditor agreements and ancillary finance documents such as NDAs, commitment letters, mandate letters, legal opinions, hedging documentation and investment management agreements
- Advising on covenants and event driven capital structures
- Managing a small team of 4 including Paralegals, a Trainee and a Junior Associate.
- Liaising directly with clients as well as opposing counsel and co-counsel
- International transactions including liaising with local counsel
- Understanding complex structures and bespoke financial arrangements
- Assisting in business development initiatives
- Qualified Lawyer in England and Wales with 6+ Years PQE
- Previous experience in both Banking and Real Estate Finance
- Available for mid-late November start
- Excellent technical and commercial skills
- Excellent document drafting skills
- Preferred previous experience within a reputable Top 20 UK/City/US firm