Senior Business Development Executive – Boutique Law Firm – City of London
The Client – One of London’s leading international law firm based in the heart of the City has a brand new opportunity to join their successful Business Development team, focusing on their Transport and Shipping practice groups.
The Role – Supporting the BD Manager and wider Business Development and Marketing teams, you will work on departmental and firm wide business development initiatives, developing relationships with partners and understanding their clients and BD/marketing needs and looking at ways to improve client retention
- Assisting in drafting and implementing business and marketing plans.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of campaigns to grow new and existing business.
- Working with the Business Development Managers to support the global maritime and aviation sector heads with business development initiatives.
- Preparing marketing collateral and supporting documentation ahead of client/prospect meetings including pitch documentation and credentials statements.
- Coordinating and drafting directory submissions, league tables and awards.
- Coordinating events (in conjunction with the Global Events team) and conference attendance to develop/maintain market positions matched to the business strategy and generate leads for the practice.
- Capturing and reviewing deal and pitch content ensuring information is available on all global databases.
- Championing the use of digital platforms and social media to raise the profile of our lawyers, key initiatives and the firm.
- Playing an active role in training, mentoring and developing the skills of the team’s Business Development Assistants.
- Liaising and working with other members of the global Business Development team and global Communications team as well as other business functions (e.g. Finance/Knowledge Management) to improve the co-ordination and delivery of initiatives across the firm, adding value to the business as well as our clients.
- Developing, championing and implementing Business Development projects and systems as appropriate.
The Desired Candidate will have current business development and marketing experience within a law firm, transport or professional services B2B environment, as well as possess;
- Excellent business development, research and RFP/pitch skills
- Excellent IT & CRM skills: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, databases/CRM systems
- Degree educated and/or CIM qualified or studying towards the qualification
Please be aware that this a full time, permanent position. The firm offer agile working from home and in the office dependent on workload. Salary is 45-50k dependent on experience and a full attractive list of benefits available.
To apply please contact Neil Hagan today!